how to split off direct tv reciever that has hdmi output

dtravs

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
need to split off kitchen reciever to mancave in detached area from home, the reciever does not have a output it has hdmi cable from reciever to tv. how do i split from hdmi cable to a coax so i can run coax from kitchen to backyard room?

Solution

What your talking doesn't seem posible, from what i'm getting you want the direct tv box to plug into your kitchen tv, then have the TV broadcast the direct tv link to your other tv? If this is what you mean there is no way to do this since its a tv and doesn't have routing functions. Not even sure a smart tv can do that.

What i was trying to explain was to have this thing:
HDMI Splitter
Direct TV HDMI To the IN slot on the splitter than have ONE of the OUTS to the kitchen TV then the...

ldewitt

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
http://www.amazon.com/C2G-42409-RapidRun-Digital-Passive/dp/B001UEKZ00/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384977177&sr=8-1&keywords=hdmi+to+coax

You will obiously need a female to female coax adapter like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Wholesale-F-Pin-Coupler-Female/dp/B000I991LM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1384977222&sr=8-2&keywords=female+to+female+coax+adapter

Might need this guy to connect to the direct tv then one hdmi out to tv then the hdmi coax to outside tv.

let me know how that sounds

PS you will only be able to watch what the other tv is watching...

dtravs

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013

dtravs

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
but my hdmi cable still needs to connect with kitchen tv from reciever then branch out off of that to my other tv. its like i need my original hdmi cable needs to plug in reciever. like it does now, then split before it connects to kitchen tv

ldewitt

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013

What your talking doesn't seem posible, from what i'm getting you want the direct tv box to plug into your kitchen tv, then have the TV broadcast the direct tv link to your other tv? If this is what you mean there is no way to do this since its a tv and doesn't have routing functions. Not even sure a smart tv can do that.

What i was trying to explain was to have this thing:
HDMI Splitter
Direct TV HDMI To the IN slot on the splitter than have ONE of the OUTS to the kitchen TV then the remaining OUT the hdmi to coax adapter out to your outside tv.

Solution