How to stop popups on google chrome?? HELP!

Benastro

Estimable
Apr 24, 2014
Hi, I so I recently built my first pc but when I use the internet I am constantly flooded by ads all over the screen and as soon as I click to go anywhere, other pages will open full of advertising junk. I have installed adblock and Norton Security but it only helps a bit. Pages are constantly opening telling me to download stupid stuff... Sometimes I can barely see the page I'm trying to view because it's covered in ADSSSS and VirusessSS... There are also pop-ups/ windows opening in steam everywhere which prevents me from actually using the program!!
WHAT DO I DO???? (This doesn't happen on mac) - This is my first pc I have ever owned.
Thanks,
Ben

mikey007

Estimable
Jul 25, 2014
Google Ad Blocker is a good option that Click4Support technician suggests me when my PC was showing lots of pop-ups. It works.. you can try it !!

Jul 24, 2011
the standard answer is
lick%20ice.gif

control panel>internet options>privacy
check box "block pop ups"
apply

1. use a security program

Sophiasoni

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
After Installing adblock plus you need to select filter you want to use and all the ads you want to block.
In the Adblock plus Options menu, you can see a list of the installed and enabled filter. To add a new subscription for our ad blocker, select "Add filter subscription".
Select the filter list you want to enable, and click "Add". If you want to know more about how to add filter in adblockplus then refer https://adblockplus.org/en/getting_started#add-subscription
Install any cloud based antivirus solution like Immunet, Avira in your system and perform a full scan with it .