How to stop random tabs from popping up on my Firefox browser?

kitten.sutherland

Prominent
Aug 31, 2017
I keep having random tabs popping up on my Firefox browser. I've looked into add-ons of firefox as well as extensions and such and couldn't find anything there. I've also looked in my control panel to see if there was something there that was causing it but again I came up with nothing. I run iolo antivirus, though I don't think it does as well as it use to, and it doesn't find anything. This all happened a few months ago, after I had downloaded Naruto Online Client, but even when I uninstalled it this didn't stop. Is there anyway to get this to stop or an answer for this.

Many thanks for your help.

Solution
This could be adware or some form of browser Hijacker. Try the following steps and see if it helps you resolve the issue.

1. Check your browser for any add-ons or extensions you do not recognize and remove them.
2. Check your installed programs and see if there isn't anything suspicious that was installed lately (If there is, simply remove them).
3. Install any popular antivirus and do a quick scan (Majority of the providers do have free versions of their software). Or just use Windows Defender. It works really well in most cases.
4. Install and scan your PC with Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro to clean most adware.

After this, in most cases, the issues of malware should be solved. If it doesn't work, sometimes Windows has a hard time...

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
This could be adware or some form of browser Hijacker. Try the following steps and see if it helps you resolve the issue.

1. Check your browser for any add-ons or extensions you do not recognize and remove them.
2. Check your installed programs and see if there isn't anything suspicious that was installed lately (If there is, simply remove them).
3. Install any popular antivirus and do a quick scan (Majority of the providers do have free versions of their software). Or just use Windows Defender. It works really well in most cases.
4. Install and scan your PC with Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro to clean most adware.

After this, in most cases, the issues of malware should be solved. If it doesn't work, sometimes Windows has a hard time removing the malware in normal mode, if that is the case, restart Windows in "Safe mode with networking". And try the following steps again.

Solution