Solved! How to switch graphic cards from intel to nvidia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elhero

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017
Hi, so recently i just bought a laptop asus a456u and i realize that it has two gpu. One is the intel hd graphic 620 and the other is nvidia 930mx. Can somebody teach me how to switch because everytime i game it lag so bad. *i already try to change it using the nvidia panel n it didnt work

Solution
Laptop using other graphics card and not the Nvidia one.

First you need to get it to detect and use the right card.

A. Uninstall, and then reinstall, the latest graphics card driver.
B. Make sure that your Nvidia graphics card is set as the default graphics card.

Here's the steps on how to set it to default.

1. Open the "Nvidia Control Panel".
2. Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
3. Click on the "Program Settings" tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.
4. Now select "preferred graphics processor" in the drop down list. (You can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting) If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance Nvidia...
Laptop using other graphics card and not the Nvidia one.

First you need to get it to detect and use the right card.

A. Uninstall, and then reinstall, the latest graphics card driver.
B. Make sure that your Nvidia graphics card is set as the default graphics card.

Here's the steps on how to set it to default.

1. Open the "Nvidia Control Panel".
2. Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
3. Click on the "Program Settings" tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.
4. Now select "preferred graphics processor" in the drop down list. (You can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting) If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance Nvidia processor.

Once it is running on the right one, test the system again and see if the problem persists.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.