How to transfer photos from an iPad to a memory stick without the photos being seen.

jolinda.public

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017
Hello,
Very private photos are on our recently deceased son's android tablet. How can these be entirely and permanently MOVED to a large size memory stick, without the file being opened or the photos seen by me or anyone other than the person I want to give the photo file to ( now on the memory stick)?

I will be so grateful for your answer...
Jolinda Marshall

Solution
Yes. Just make sure you go into file explorer first, and under View, select List, and not Icon or Tiles. Then navigate on your PC to the tablet folder with the pics (once you connect it with the cable), and now you should see just listed random names, no images. Then you can drag and drop or zip them all and then drag and drop, up to you.
Do not sync if it asks you to do that when you plug in the tablet. That may open itunes (if it's installed on the pc) and that may display images and so on. Just basic file explorer and drag and dropping of files.

jolinda.public

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017
The issue is not how to drag and drop the file from the iPad to the memory stick but I'm looking for a "voice of authority" (besides my own" to assure the girlfriend's mother that this can be done without ANYBODY seeing the photos. I though if someone else explained that this can do done in utmost privacy that she would then be willing to release our son's iPad which they took immediately after his death. It's ALL that I am wanting from everything of any value taken from the house. The hardware is sentimental to me, and I'd love to have his music file as well. Thanks for reading this long winded situation...

Sedivy

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
Well...if your file explorer is set to view files as a list and not as icons, you shouldn't be able to see the preview of the images. Then you can go in and drag and drop to the memory stick. You can also select all files while in this view and zip them so that they're just one big archive but it's the same as dragging them all to a single folder. Ultimately there is only your assurance that you have done it this way so as not to view them, so not sure if that puts you ahead in any way. As was mentioned, might be easier for the gf to just connect her memory stick and drag all the files off, leaving you the tablet.

jolinda.public

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017
Thank you SO MUCH for your time in responding to this for me. It is very kind of you both and hopefully it will provide the needed solution!
And just to say, while I very much appreciate the girlfriend's mother's need to keep their personal photos private (I feel the same way), and have NO interest in invading anyone's privacy in this way (!) the tablet legally belongs to us as his parents, and we are very much wanting to have it for sentimental reasons. She's threatened to put it in their pool and I'm hoping that I can assure her that her daughter's privacy will be protected.. Again, my gratitude.

jolinda.public

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017

THANKS for you help with this! Yes, the easy way is just to move the entire file contents to a memory stick. I can do this in her presence so that she can see no files are being opened. Then make sure the contents show up as storage on the Memory stick and hand it over to her. Am I correct in this thinking. Easy is good!

Sedivy

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
Yes. Just make sure you go into file explorer first, and under View, select List, and not Icon or Tiles. Then navigate on your PC to the tablet folder with the pics (once you connect it with the cable), and now you should see just listed random names, no images. Then you can drag and drop or zip them all and then drag and drop, up to you.
Do not sync if it asks you to do that when you plug in the tablet. That may open itunes (if it's installed on the pc) and that may display images and so on. Just basic file explorer and drag and dropping of files.

Solution