How to Turn Off a Roku 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

caemin

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Seriously??? Who would ever try to remember that? What's wrong with getting up and unplugging the darn thing and plugging it back in?

Gary Brandon

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
Just looked at a pic of one online. The power cord isn't permanently attached to the device, so you don't have to unplug it at the wall (or hopefully, at the surge protector you should have). Just get up, walk to where you're pointing your wannaBiiMote at, and unplug the cable on the back of the Roku that *isn't* HDMI or network. Lots easier than trying to remember a knock-off Konami code... Useless article.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Just to put it out there, FWIW. At least for the Roku 2 XS there are other "Konami code" type key presses to access other feature/options/menus on Roku's.How much power does every Roku ever sold consume everyday while in this stand-by mode? I am guessing it amounts to something. How can people be so careless? Nice article, cough..adver..cough..tisement though Tom's.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
"The little black box also uses little power when in standby mode—about the same amount as a nightlight, the company says"An incandescent night light or an LED night light? Incandescent takes about 4 watts, which is a fair bit of vampire power for doing nothing useful. If I remember right, the "Energy Star Certified" people want standby power to be at 1 watt or less.

rRansom

Honorable
May 26, 2013
Seriously??? Who would ever try to remember that? What's wrong with getting up and unplugging the darn thing and plugging it back in?
This is 'murica!! Kidding aside, I actually have this macro saved on my Harmony remote. When my box starts to act "laggy", rebooting the box using this method or just unplugging-replugging the power does the trick. Must be some kind of memory leak.

lulujean

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
That combination DOES NOT WORK on a Roku 3. I called once and got a rep. - he told me to unplug it, I did and it worked when I plugged it back in. He then wanted to charge me $10. I had a fit and asked to speak to a supervisor the rep. said never mind no charge. WTF? Now, my Roku is frozen again and unplugging it does not seem to work. ACK

Status
Not open for further replies.