How to Update Androi Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ?

Falo

Commendable
May 19, 2016
Hello !!

I am using a Alcatel Idole Alpha, and running Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2.
I I'd like to Update my device, because I can't download some apps like " MSQRD " (face swap).
It says that my device is too old.

The best exemple we found was on Snapchat.
I can't make videos longer than 3 sec or less if I am filming something, but when I put my finger on the camera, I can make the videos longer to 5 sec

But I got this phone for christmas 12/24/2015.

I can't use a lots of apps.
Please help, and thank you ^^

Solution
You may have gotten the phone in 2015, however it actually came out in 2013. If the phone is not allowing any updates the standard way, the only other way I could think of that you might be able to update is via a custom ROM. Which would require rooting the phone. Not a big advocate of them, especially if your phone were still under warranty. However, if it isn't. Then it is something to consider if you want to do things one normally can't on a cell.

You only recently got it, so it may still be under warranty. I would check on this before doing anything to the device, first. As you don't want to void it. If it is expired, then I would suggest you look into it.

I don't know much about doing this to your device, however they would be...
You may have gotten the phone in 2015, however it actually came out in 2013. If the phone is not allowing any updates the standard way, the only other way I could think of that you might be able to update is via a custom ROM. Which would require rooting the phone. Not a big advocate of them, especially if your phone were still under warranty. However, if it isn't. Then it is something to consider if you want to do things one normally can't on a cell.

You only recently got it, so it may still be under warranty. I would check on this before doing anything to the device, first. As you don't want to void it. If it is expired, then I would suggest you look into it.

I don't know much about doing this to your device, however they would be able to help you in the "Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking" forum. http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/forum-117.html

Solution