how to upgrade my samsung amd a4 -3305m APU with radeon hd graphics 1.90 ghzprocessor to a higher processor?

Babu Joseph

Estimable
Oct 4, 2014
Dear sir
how to upgrade my samsung amd a4 -3305m APU with radeon hd graphics 1.90 ghz ,4 gb RAM processor to a higher processor?

k1114

Distinguished
Contrary to popular belief, most laptop cpus are pga so can be changed and this is no exception. Although the issue comes down to tdp and bios compatibility which oems don't publish. You could contact them for it or try to google your laptop model number and see if others have tried to upgrade but you probably won't get far. Most cases, either you take a leap of faith or don't try.

malachy32

Estimable
Mar 23, 2014
I reccomend YouTube Videos on how to upgade cpu.
We need to know a lot more. Laptop or Desktop? What do you want to upgrade to?
What parts do you have?

Shane501

Estimable
Sep 24, 2014

Yeah, but is it Intel or AMD? What socket type is it? What are the system specs? Do you want to go as high as possible or only higher than what you already have?

k1114

Distinguished

Did you even read the post? That answers intel or amd and what socket. Specs are irrelevant, we can't help further than what I posted already.

Shane501

Estimable
Sep 24, 2014
Sorry, I'm new at this. I did read the post, I forgot what he said what it is (I should have reread the original post before answering.)

I was asking for specs because without knowing what the motherboard is I can't guarantee that any CPU's that fit the socket will work, these are the correct socket type but I don't know if they are compatible with his motherboard.
http://www.cpu-world.com/Sockets/Socket_FS1.html

This one seems best A8-3550MX, but again I don't know if it's compatible.