How to use Bose QC15 inline headset with Gigabyte H97 audio

oomfaloompa2

Estimable
Mar 15, 2015
I have a Bose QC15 headset with the inline audio/mic (3 button layout with volume and the stop/play/answer buttons) and i want it to work (both the audio and mic) with my PC. I tried buying a splitter but it doesn't work... So I was wondering if y'all could help me out either to understand what I need to make it work or if you have any specific suggestions that you know work that I could buy (soundcard or splitter). I prefer to not spend a whole lot (less than $30)

Thanks

oomfaloompa2

Estimable
Mar 15, 2015

I am sorry for not being totally clear in my original post. I updated it. I want the inline mic to work is what I want. The headphones work fine as headphones, but I have read that pc's generally don't support the mic and audio on the same line. So I think I need a splitter to convert the inline audio/mic into two separate audio and mic lines. Or I think I need a soundcard that would support the inline audio/mic. My inline audio/mic is of the new iPhone layout (3 buttons and the mic) and I have read that that matters.

So I am here to ask if I am right in my assumptions and if anyone knows of any specific solutions to my problem so I don't have to just try a bunch of different products until one works.

If your headphones have a microphone, then the connector at the end of the cable has three rings (left, right, mich) plus sleeve (ground). Some laptops have single headset connector compatible with that layout, but most desktops have separate headphones / mic connectors, and for that you need a special splitter like this one.