How to use connect xbox 360 and pc to speakers at the same time

Solution
you'll need something in the middle to plug both into as each device will send it's signal separately and then one output to go to the speakers. an easy answer if it fits your set-up is that most tv's will have multiple hdmi inputs and a single digital output (possibly, digital and optical) this single output can go to your pc which will decode it and send it to the speakers for both devices (and any others plugged in as well)

if your not using a tv with such an output or if your pc does not have the audio input, then you'll need some kind of amp that will do the same thing and allow multiple devices to be plugged in and output one signal to the speakers.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
you'll need something in the middle to plug both into as each device will send it's signal separately and then one output to go to the speakers. an easy answer if it fits your set-up is that most tv's will have multiple hdmi inputs and a single digital output (possibly, digital and optical) this single output can go to your pc which will decode it and send it to the speakers for both devices (and any others plugged in as well)

if your not using a tv with such an output or if your pc does not have the audio input, then you'll need some kind of amp that will do the same thing and allow multiple devices to be plugged in and output one signal to the speakers.

Solution

TheCRaZyBeast67

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013

would something like this work http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Showcase-6-Inch-Stereo-30S1-35260/dp/B000I98ZYG

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
that's an option as well but you need it the other way around. 2 female ends and 1 male end. each item has a male so need 2 females. the one male end will go to the speakers as it's input

but that should work if you get the right one. the amazon page for the speakers shows a 2 female adapter as what others "frequently buy together" can link you there this way.

Paul NZ

Admirable
I can because of the monitor I use. Both the Xbox and the PC are plugged into the monitor. The PC via DVI and an Xbox with HDMI.

Since the monitor has audio in and out the audio out is plugged into a Logitech Z506 speaker system.

And all I do is switch between the 2 on the monitor