How to use my wired speakers and create a audio system

Lisa_104

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017
I have a house with wired, in the ceiling speakers and that's it. I want to get some type of stero system and be able to play music on it with Bluetooth. I also want to add more speakers or at least more bass. What do I need?

Solution
Take a look at Sonos.
You can use a Sonos ConnectAmp for each room with ceiling speakers. Each room will be a separate zone that you can control with the free Sonos app. Not cheap but does a lot more than just bluetooth streaming. Your phone, tablet and computer is a remote.
They also make wireless speakers. You can use them as mono or stereo or stereo plus wireless subwoofer. Can be set up for surround sound too,
Very flexible and easy to set up and use.
Accesses streaming sources, internet radio, and music files on your network.
You can start with one and add up to 32 zones.

Lisa_104

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017

I have two speakers in the bedroom, four in the family room and four in the basement. There are some outlet thingies in the wall for plugging black/red stero cords (I guess). I planned on buying more things to get a better surround sound. Thanks for telling me about the bass. I'll get subwoofers. I was hoping to be able to do this without calling an AV person as I wanted to spend money on the other items I need. I want to use the wired speakers along with some wireless speakers. The in ceiling speakers came with the house, so I figure might as well use them. I REALLY appreciate any help. I'm throwing a farewell party and want it to come out nice.

Wired and wireless speakers won't work, won't be in sync so scrap that idea.

No offence here, but since you don't even know that the red/black thingies' are called RCA jacks, you may be in over your head to set this up. And are you doing all this, just for a single party or a party, and then afterwards, keep everything

Ceiling speakers aren't for "surround" in anyway. Now the whole house is wired, you'd have to rip open walls to wire in "subwoofers" so ignore that.

Are they powered speakers? What happens if you plug say a phone with a 3.5mm to RCA jack in to the red and black thingys and play some music?

Take a look at Sonos.
You can use a Sonos ConnectAmp for each room with ceiling speakers. Each room will be a separate zone that you can control with the free Sonos app. Not cheap but does a lot more than just bluetooth streaming. Your phone, tablet and computer is a remote.
They also make wireless speakers. You can use them as mono or stereo or stereo plus wireless subwoofer. Can be set up for surround sound too,
Very flexible and easy to set up and use.
Accesses streaming sources, internet radio, and music files on your network.
You can start with one and add up to 32 zones.

Solution

I think $2000 for 3 connect amps negates that wanted to save money thing. lol.