How would this notebook handle modern games?

D

Deleted member 1300495

It would play them on medium to high. A better choice might be a MSI GP70. I don't know if it is availible in your country

D

Deleted member 1300495

You said BF4 two times. Are you trying to say it is an amazing player of Battlefield? "It will run Battlefield 4 on medium settings...and BF 4 on medium settings with decent FPS

tomi66

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
Im not buying this notebook to run everything maxed out at 1080p. I will mainly use this to collage, but it would be good if it could run some games too.

D

Deleted member 1300495

The laptop I recommended is great for gaming and regular tasks. Otherwise,your laptop is perfectly fine for our needs.

No, amazing and medium are not synonymous. It was a typo.

Regular tasks, yes. The GP series is prone to high temps though. It's fine for gaming as long as nothing is being ran on high settings.

tomi66

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
Yeah, it seems to be a good notebook. The only problem is that is 17,3 inch, and its battery life. I need something more portable you know...

D

Deleted member 1300495

Sorry, what about something like the Asus V551LB-DB71T. It fits in your budget, is touchscreen, very portable, but it can still play games on medium settings.

D

Deleted member 1300495

It's a solid notebook. If you put it on a desk and then game, it shouldn't get too hot. Otherwise I now that here in the USA we have laptop cooling pads which have extra fans and attach to the bottom of your laptop.

D

Deleted member 1300495

Well, whatever has better specs is great. Personally, I would go with Asus as they have the best build quality and reliability. But Lenovo is also a good company so you can go with whatever meets your needs.

D

Deleted member 1300495

That's a great laptop with an okay GPU. It is also pretty light so it is pretty potable. But once you get it, i would upgrade to 8 GB of RAM. Otherwise, it is a good choice.