How would you classify yourself as a pc user? What do you use your pc for mostly?

Rafael Mestdag

Estimable
Mar 25, 2014
I guess I'm a little above average as a pc user, I've been using PCs since 1993 but I've always used them mainly for gaming and I've learnt how to fix them and tinker with them as a consequence.

What about you?

Baumy15

Estimable
May 12, 2014
I use my PC for everything I possibly can. watching DVD's, gaming, homework, web browsing, video editing, photo editing and tons more things!! a pc it great replaces everything

canadianvice

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2012
If it's something I have interest in doing, my computer helps support it. IE: I don't take photos because I'm not even slightly sentimental, but if it's an activity that has some computerized way of doing it or involvement with a computer, that's what it's put toward.

I'm the intersect between a power user and a gamer. I'm frequently breaking my computer to fix it, applying random changes, and otherwise tinkering around to see what I can learn. I can fix virtually all problems myself. I also do some programming when my short-lived muse to do so hits.

As for gaming, I used to go pretty crazy on it, but I've gotten older and don't have the joys of such a hedonistic lifestyle. Gotta make time to sell my soul at minimum wage, you know, all that jazz.

Much like you, my interest and skill with computers came as a consequence of my interest in gaming. My first console was a Sega Genesis my father found in a garage sale, after which we eventually got a gameboy, then an Nintendo Gamecube, followed by an Xbox. I only played up to the Cube full time, but I spent a lot of time at my friend's house playing all the other major consoles (N64, SNES, PS2, XBOX, etc.). Fond memories in childhood.

Anyhow, I then realized my inevitable fall into peasantry if I continued on that path, and so I saved a bunch of money to get a PC. Old HP, recased it once. Now I have the custom build you see in my profile, and that's basically where I stand. I'm a computer science student who works in technology sales part time now, but my basic use of a PC has always been "mess around, see what happens, play games". Eh, it's helped me find gainful employment so that's always good. I work as a technology salesperson, and do technician work when our tech isn't in.

Computers fit in well with me. I have a bit of a controlling personality, and I have virtually no capacity to suffer fools, so it's fairly natural I'd be interested in them.

IMO, it seems gaming drives a lot of people into the tech industry. Perhaps a reason it's so gender biased?

Rafael Mestdag

Estimable
Mar 25, 2014

Basically the same here, except for doing it for a living but I'd do it with pleasure if it were the case. I also use my PC for basically everything that takes my fancy, it depends very much on my mood at the time. I can spend a whole week only watching movies on it and then the next I'll be playing games like crazy, again, it depends on my mood, which changes a lot, and that's another reason why I tend to prefer to stay on my PC than to engange in serious relationships with people, I guess I know my PC will never betray me or make me feel sad, not to mention you can do pretty much anything on your PC nowadays.

All I know is that I have to have it working and at my disposal 24/7, that's why I never turn it off.

I intend on taking some of my interest on PCs and 'investing' it on a serious relationship with someone special, but I'm not ready yet for such a 'bold' move, lol.

TRENDING THREADS