Question How's the SQ on Sony WH1000mx3?

HybriddShadow

Estimable
Mar 9, 2016
I'm planning on getting these headphones but I've been reading a lot of comments about the sound quality not being that good on Bluetooth ANC headphones. So how would it compare to my M50x or Cloud II? I'm scared to spend 300€ on headphones that might not sound good. All the reviews everywhere say it has great sound quality but people on Reddit and other places say it's not that good. Who should I believe?

D

Deleted member 217926

Well the M50X is terrible. Bloated, overextended bass that bleeds into an uneven midrange and shouty treble. The Sony's will be better than that as will just about anything else. I haven't heard the Cloud IIs.

That being said obviously a great deal of the cost of ANC headphones is the ANC and not the drivers. So wired headphones in the same price range will almost always be better.

Reactions: HybriddShadow

HybriddShadow

Estimable
Mar 9, 2016
Well the M50X is terrible. Bloated, overextended bass that bleeds into an uneven midrange and shouty treble. The Sony's will be better than that as will just about anything else. I haven't heard the Cloud IIs.

That being said obviously a great deal of the cost of ANC headphones is the ANC and not the drivers. So wired headphones in the same price range will almost always be better.
Thanks for the reply. I'm satisfied with the sound of my M50X but I wanted something more comfortable with BT and ANC. Sounds like I'll be happy with the Sony's.

D

Deleted member 217926

If you need ANC and wireless you should be happy with the Sony. The Bose QC35 and Sennheiser Momentum 2? I think it's the 2 but there may be a 3 now, are the Sony's main competitors. The Bose have the best ANC ( I don't have ANC cans and I'm going by reviews and memory here ) and the worst sound quality. The Sony's and Sennheiser's both sound quite good.

I'm convinced the M50X gets recommended so much because everyone else recommends it. A bandwagon effect if you will. Technically it's very incompetent and honestly one of the only headphones I can think of over $50 that I wouldn't recommend at all. But if you like them that's all that matters. :)

Reactions: HybriddShadow

TRENDING THREADS