Solved! HP 14-am054tx FPS drops

May 16, 2018
Hello! I am currently using an HP 14-am054tx laptop, the specifications are as follows:
CPU: Intel I3-6006U
GPU: AMD Radeon R5 M430
RAM: 4GB DDR4

My problem is that every time I play any game, Triple A, MOBAs, or single player games like Skyrim, Frame rates drop for some reason. Please keep in mind that even if I turn the settings to Low, the drops still happens. Is there any fix for this?

Solution
Have you checked how much RAM you're using in Resource Monitor? It's not surprising that AAA games aren't comfortably playable -- this is very entry-level when it comes to gaming, the desktop equivalent of a Nehalem i3 from 2008 paired with a GTS 240, an entry-level GPU from about the same time period. But other games should be running better. There are likely multiple overlapping reasons for your performance. Hopefully it's the RAM that's choking you the most as that's realistically the only thing you can remedy.

DSzymborski

Distinguished
Have you checked how much RAM you're using in Resource Monitor? It's not surprising that AAA games aren't comfortably playable -- this is very entry-level when it comes to gaming, the desktop equivalent of a Nehalem i3 from 2008 paired with a GTS 240, an entry-level GPU from about the same time period. But other games should be running better. There are likely multiple overlapping reasons for your performance. Hopefully it's the RAM that's choking you the most as that's realistically the only thing you can remedy.

Solution
May 16, 2018

The RAM hits 78% whenever I play MOBAs. I'll try to upgrade my RAM if it's possible. Thanks for the answer!