HP 15-P234TX 15.6" Notebook (White)

Tomc93

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
So Since my laptop is pretty much dead because i can't even open 2 tabs without it freezing (also 5 yrs old), i am planning to buy a cheap laptop under $1000, Am looking at the HP 15-P234TX 15.6" Notebook (White). Currently $848.30 AUD ($149.70 off) seems like it's the right time also to buy it.
SPECS:
15.6" HD (1366 x 768) LED display
5th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-5500U Processor (4M Cache, 2.4 GHz, up to 3.0 GHz)
8GB RAM
1TB HDD
Beats Audio™ Dual Speaker
nVidia® GeForce® 840M 2GB Graphics
SuperMulti DVD burner
Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
Bluetooth 4.0
1 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0
1 x HDMI v1.4
Multimedia card reader
RJ45 Ethernet port
HD Webcam
4 Cell 41whr lithium ion Battery
Windows 8.1
Is this a good laptop for that price? Anyone currently own this laptop? any current issues like overheating or anything?
will be for Gaming every now and then on League of legends, Counter strike source/GO

Solution
I believe it's the ENVY model that has the overheating issues, not the Pavilion (your version). Also I think it's the older generation ones, not 5th gen. I did a bit of digging online and couldn't really find anything, try have a bit of a search yourself as well.

However most laptops do run hot since everything is so snug together, best thing you can do is keep the fans clean and perhaps invest in a cooling pad. You can get some pretty good ones for only 30 bucks even, example; http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=19565&cPath=142&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=export_feed&gclid=CMHos-KIzsUCFUpwvAodPVUAYQ#googlebase

Rayven2

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014
We suffer a lot here in Aus when it comes to buying new PCs. Considering it's $850 AUD that's pretty good, especially for a 5th gen. You'll also be able to do basic gaming like LoL, etc without issue.

Rayven2

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014
I believe it's the ENVY model that has the overheating issues, not the Pavilion (your version). Also I think it's the older generation ones, not 5th gen. I did a bit of digging online and couldn't really find anything, try have a bit of a search yourself as well.

However most laptops do run hot since everything is so snug together, best thing you can do is keep the fans clean and perhaps invest in a cooling pad. You can get some pretty good ones for only 30 bucks even, example; http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=19565&cPath=142&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=export_feed&gclid=CMHos-KIzsUCFUpwvAodPVUAYQ#googlebase

Solution