Need_help_now

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Hello,

I have an hp 2000 laptop with windows 7 that cannot seem to go into the boot sequence. When I hit the power button, it black screens, then displays the message "boot device not found", "please install an operating system on your hard disk", "hard disk (3f0)","f2 - system diagnostics". I then hit f2 and it displays system info, startup test, run in test, hard disk test, and error log choices. If I choose hard disk test, it says hard disk not exist.

I figured the hard drive was bad, I then got a new hard drive and put it in but I was getting the same message. I took the new hard drive out and put in the old hard drive after hooking the old hard drive to another computer via sata to usb cable and being able to access the info on it.

I then tried to use the windows key and b button while hitting the power button to try to get the bios to reset itself but it just black screens, the power button comes on, and the caps lock button flashes. I left it like this for a few minutes and nothing happened. No beeping and nothing displayed on the screen.

I have also tried to change the boot sequence and get a windows 7 disc to boot but it just seems to skip booting the disc and gives me the error code again that there is no hard drive installed.

I have just tried to put XP on a jumpdrive(though other things were on the jumpdrive with it) and tried to get the jumpdrive to boot by changing the boot order again to boot the USB first, cd/dvd drive 2nd, then the hard drive but I am still getting the error of no hard disk.

I tried to download the bios from the HP website and got the download but since I am trying to download it on a different brand computer, it doesn't want to run the .exe file. It just gives me 2 error codes instead of unpacking to where I can format the jumpdrive and put the unpacked files on it and try to boot from it. Here is the link that I found discussing the above step.
http://www.fclose.com/3022/hp-compaq-bios-crisis-recovery-from-a-failed-bios-flashing/

Can anyone help with this or have had similar problems?