HP 2000 blinking caps lock light

Aug 7, 2018
HP 2000 when powered on - the caps lock light blinks on and off slowly- The wifi light is orange and the screen stays black. Th Battery is dead - but with a different battery it does the same. Does the same plugged in with power with & w/o the battery.

Solution
Possible PSU failure.

You may need to have the laptop checked by a knowledgeable friend or famliy member.

If there is no one who can check the laptop's PSU, then take the laptop to a shop. Check shop reviews and references online first.

Possible PSU failure.

You may need to have the laptop checked by a knowledgeable friend or famliy member.

If there is no one who can check the laptop's PSU, then take the laptop to a shop. Check shop reviews and references online first.

Solution
Aug 7, 2018
Good advise - except I am the knowledgeable friend or family member Been doing this for 30 years. I tried a different power supply. Got the same results . Took the battery out - tried a different battery. tried the take the battery out - unplug and hold the power key down for 60 seconds. User says it was working fine. All I did was take out the dead battery. I'm stuck