HP 2000 WiFi issues with network card

Kim Gallant

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015
I had an awful long time getting my friend's laptop to connect to the internet . I downld many drivers for the network adapter which wasn't getting recognized until I took the card out and found out it was a 4in1 Broadcom mini WLan/Bluetooth card. I had to download drivers for both sides, the Bluetooth and then the WiFi side. Installed and finally works great. Not a recommended card as it has a poor signal strength on public networks. Think I'll get my friend a better card like the Realtek and download that updated driver. Check to make sure you are downloading the latest drivers for your device whether it be a Broadcom card or another make like Realtek.

Kim Gallant

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015
Sorry I think I added the solution instead of the question...As I learned I had to download the latest driver for the right network adapter. My mother has an Acer 5610 and in order to get her internet working, I had to reinstall Windows 7. Be sure to download the driver that fits with the version of Windows you are running, whether 32 or 64 bit, etc. I was running Win 7 32 bit on the HP 2000.