Solved! HP 450 G5 Keyboard light

Oct 31, 2020
I have been using the laptop for months, and recently, each time I press the power button all keyboard light flashes continuously every 5 seconds.

Solution
When I press the power button, immediately all the keyboard light will continue to flash every 5seconds interval. and the system will not start.

Take the system apart, remove the CMOS batter and the main battery cable, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds to do a full motherboard reset. Plug things back in see if it starts. Also a good idea to test with different RAM or one RAM stick at a time if you have more than one in there.

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
Try it with the battery out, if it works, get a new battery. Till then you can use it with no battery. You can get good ones in the U.S. cheaply on EBay with a seller that has seveal of them and a good rating from previous buyers.

I have been using the laptop for months, and recently, each time I press the power button all keyboard light flashes continuously every 5 seconds.

When you say the keyboard light flash, do you mean the actual keyboard backlit keys flash or are you talking about the status lights? Does the laptop actually work and just the keys flash? Could use a bit more details here. If you are getting error blink codes you can find them here https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

Oct 31, 2020
When you say the keyboard light flash, do you mean the actual keyboard backlit keys flash or are you talking about the status lights? Does the laptop actually work and just the keys flash? Could use a bit more details here. If you are getting error blink codes you can find them here https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674
When I press the power button, immediately all the keyboard light will continue to flash every 5seconds interval. and the system will not start.

Take the system apart, remove the CMOS batter and the main battery cable, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds to do a full motherboard reset. Plug things back in see if it starts. Also a good idea to test with different RAM or one RAM stick at a time if you have more than one in there.

Solution