HP 6735s motherboard replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Generally speaking, the motherboard that you have found is just about the only one that will fit into the chassis of your laptop. If you were to buy something else, it may physically fit, but things like USB ports and such will not line up. You could spend the $300 or you could simply save up and buy a new laptop or buy a netbook to hold you over until you can afford something up your alley.
Generally speaking, the motherboard that you have found is just about the only one that will fit into the chassis of your laptop. If you were to buy something else, it may physically fit, but things like USB ports and such will not line up. You could spend the $300 or you could simply save up and buy a new laptop or buy a netbook to hold you over until you can afford something up your alley.

Solution
G

Buwish, thank you for giving me advice. The laptop is just a little more than 1 year old. The laptop belongs to a friend. She would not want to buy another new one so fast. I will go ahead and buy the new board and fix it for her. Thanks again.

Jax

soccercop

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
The laptop is roughly 1 year 3 months old. The warranty is 1 year only and I did not opt for extended warranty during the purchase. Warranty has finished so all repairs will have to be paid by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.