HP AMA and Spectre Laptop Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsimenhoff

Honorable
Feb 28, 2016
dym3Wd3.png

Ever wanted to ask one of the big hardware or software giants something directly? How did you design that? Where did that feature come from? What’s in store next? Well, now you have the chance!

Tom’s Guide is proud to announce an AMA and Spectre Laptop Giveaway with our friends at HP.

Brandon McGovern, Senior Manager of Portfolio Strategy and Curation, as well as other members of the HP Product Team will be joining us for the next Tom’s Guide AMA. He'll be answering your in-depth questions about all of HP's current Spectre lineup, including our new favorite hybrid, the HP Spectre x360.

The AMA starts this Thursday, October 5th at 2pm EST. Please submit all questions to our Q&A thread. All questions will be moderated and supervised by the Tom’s Guide Community Staff, and a full team of Tom's Guide Senior Moderators.

Don’t Forget the HP Spectre Giveaway
We're also excited to announce an upcoming giveaway done in partnership with HP. Up for grabs is a brand new HP Laptop. This laptop isn’t out in the wild yet, so you’ll have to check back on Wednesday for full details regarding the giveaway. Don’t miss out on your chance to win! The sweepstakes opens from October 5th at 10AM EST, and will close at 11:59pm EST on October 13th.

[widget="https://gleam.io/N10kh/hp-spectre-laptop-giveaway", 800][/widget]

Ask Me Anything Rules

• ■No tech support questions, as these require in-depth personal follow-up and diagnostics.
    ■All Rules of Conduct apply.
    ■Keep questions direct and to the point.
    ■Avoid opinion bias, as in, "Why are all your products awesome/horrible?"
    ■Be respectful of our guests--no insults, no leading questions.
    ■Do not post duplicate questions or repost your question multiple times.
    ■Not all questions may be answered. Questions may not be answered in the order in which they are received or posted.
    ■To reiterate: No opinion bias, insults, leading questions, or breaking the Rules of Conduct. ■Breaking these rules may result in a one-day ban.
    ■Only registered users will be able to ask questions, so if you haven’t yet, be sure to register now for your chance to participate!
    ■The official representatives will reply periodically over the time the AMA is active using a recognized and verified account.

Please join us on this date to throw your questions into the mix and ask HP what you've always wanted to ask!

Who: Brandon McGovern and the HP Product Team

What: AMA and an HP Laptop Giveaway

When: Thursday, October 5th, 2pm EST

Where: The Tom's Guide Laptop Forums!

jdjohannides

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
I'm curious how the Spectre lineup compares with the Surface lineup. How does the Spectre stand out from the Surface?

Oct 5, 2017
Click on the timestamp in the upper right hand corner of your comment. It may say X minutes ago or a time.

harris734ahmed

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
How do you guys manage to fit all of that power into such a sleek and slim design? Also whoever thought of that copper/black design is amazing, it looks awesome!
And last but not least,
will HP Spectre ever have a higher GPU configuration?Such as Nvidia GTX 1050?

Thanks for your time, and Have a nice day :D

abeygmathew

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
Since laptops have gotten quite thin especially the HP Spectre line, What is the benefit of trying to make laptops even thinner instead of packing more functionality or power like a more powerful video card?

rwitt343

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
I work in software development and web development including illustration and animation. I have found that very few computers do both well. Will this laptop handle both well? If not. which will it preform better? Will it handle the other adequately?

vapour

Commendable
Aug 28, 2017
Is HP trying to make even thinner laptop? How is the ventilation going to work out? Better CPU/GPU functionality will produce more heat and within that tiny space, any new technology involved?

rwitt343

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017

Great question! Is this laptop going to require additional cooling? If so, what type will work best?

androidtyrael

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
The new spectre is compatible with omen acelerator box?
(I want to play games on a external monitor with that pretty slim laptop when i am at home)

albertocnj

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
I'd like to know more about the specs. Will it have an SSD drive and is it upgradeable. Also, Battery life and longevity info please :)

beelymagee

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
How does the Spectre match up against the Razer Blade - interested as a Linux box, run VMs? Also, does HP offer the Spectre as a Linux certified hardware like Dell does with their 13" MacBook-like?

ladybearheart

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
Thank you for this opportunity. I have an HP laptop with an i3 processor and 6 GB of RAM that I was given 2 or 3 years ago, when Windows 10 was brand new. It works well for most things but is a bit underpowered for gaming (not looking a gift horse in the mouth, though, if I hadn't been given this computer by a friend, I'd be without a computer at all.) I am wondering well how does the HP Spectre x360 handle games? (I love to play Skyrim and Neverwinter) What kind of graphics processor is in it, and how much memory? How fast is the processor compared to the i3 in my computer?

Motocortex

Estimable
Feb 7, 2016
What do you feel about the growth of External Graphics Card Boxes. Do you see a potential for the technology to point where it could be mainstream or will it only appeal to a certain niche?

hbaeuerle

Honorable
Jan 29, 2014
Will the HP spectre x360's USB-C port support external GPU enclosures so that I can add a GPU and play games?if so will the Intel i7 8th gen processor be a bottleneck?

spirakusbl

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
What will the external GPU support be for this laptop? Is HP going to be creating a unit themselves? What is upgradeable on this laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.