Hp battery problem

Station365

Commendable
May 3, 2016
I have purchased a new battery for my HP 450 laptop like 4 months ago, it was working just fine until recently after 1 hour or so, without any signal the power turned off. So, I went to the shop and changed my battery again yesterday, I did what they told me that charge it fully up to 8 hours and then let it drain and charge it again for 8 hours n do the same. (the salesman told me to charge n discharge it like this for 3 times) The thing is while I was using it today, after 2 hours without any signal while it showed still 36% battery available, like before, it shut down again.
Is it the battery or my laptop has any problem?

Hi,

Have you tried doing a test with the AC adapter as well?
- Remove the battery off the laptop then connect it directly to it's AC adapter and see if it will load normally without it shutting down.
- If the laptop will not boot up that means the problem is the AC adapter, do try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will boot up or not.
- But if the laptop will power on with just the AC adapter connected without its battery that means the AC adapter is still okay and it's the battery that is faulty.
- If you'll get a chance to charge the battery up to 100%, do also a battery calibration.
- Here's how: http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-2342991/calibrate-battery-windows-laptops.html

Station365

Commendable
May 3, 2016
Hi, sorry to reply late.
My AC adapter is fine...I did the calibration thingy as well. But it's still the same!
I went to check the battery as well, the battery is fine they said. But still having that sudden shut down problem.
I don't know, if my laptop has any problem or not!
Despite this battery issue, It's working just fine though. :(