hp beats 15 notebook pc whirring

Jun 8, 2018
I bought this laptop in 2015 and during my internship last year there was nothing wrong with it. I stream, use android studio and visual studio, everything was fine. However a couple of months ago, my laptop started to make whiring and humming noise on the fan area even though i have uninstalled all those heavy software (as im not using them anymore). Worse, it makes this noise when i open google chrome and even louder when i opened youtube videos. I sent it for service, fan cleaning and thermal paste but when i use youtube again, it still makes this noisy whirring fan noise. It's very uncomfortable for me. It never made any noises during my internship, so why now? Please help me out, i'm stressed out.

Solution

The cooling might have been...

Seyed22Shaheen

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

The cooling might have been changed from "Active"(when the fan run at a constant speed at all time) to "Passive"(the speed is adjusted in regards to the load and temperature), if this is the case it is nothing to be of concern and you can change the cooling in "advanced plan options" in battery settings...
Update: In addition to this there might be something (dust, debris or such) maybe suck in the fan thus making more noise when the fan throttles. And of course there is a possibility that the fan is not the problem at all...

Solution