HP DV9000 & SATA SSD not being recognized in bios

xaephod

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2007
Hey folks,

I have an HP DV9000 which had a working SATA 120GB HDD in it. I installed a 120GB SATA3 SSD and the bios does not see it. I tried to install Windows Vista and its not seen there either.
The weird thing is, I put in a USB flash drive with Linux Mint on it and from within Mint I am able to mount, format, and use the SSD. I tried to install Mint on the SSD and the installation went fine, but once I rebooted, it won't boot into Mint, I'm told there is no hard drive. If I go back into the live version of Mint, the SSD still shows up.

How do I fix this? The Bios has very little you can do, just boot order and time, that's it.

Thanks for the help

Solution
Hey there, @xaephod!

I'd recommend checking your laptop manufacturer's official website product page for any hardware drivers or BIOS version updates. Make sure you manually re-install these. You could also try resetting BIOS through the settings in the BIOS interface.
Hopefully, this will resolve the issue and help you run both Linux Mint and Windows Vista without any issues.

Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Hey there, @xaephod!

I'd recommend checking your laptop manufacturer's official website product page for any hardware drivers or BIOS version updates. Make sure you manually re-install these. You could also try resetting BIOS through the settings in the BIOS interface.
Hopefully, this will resolve the issue and help you run both Linux Mint and Windows Vista without any issues.

Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD

Solution