HP DV9700 RECALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbmobile

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
Is there a recal? I have read the identical problem as mine downloaded updates was told to reboot nothing since my local computer repair place told me motherbd and 499.99 for motherbd from hp. And were do I sign up for class action suit? Darren Kotas Darren@dbmobileonline.com

rmobr549

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Hi, I just saw your post.
Sorry, you are in the same boat that lots of angry hp former customers are having. I have just got off the phone with an HP case manager about my issues. She told me unfortunately HP will not cover the repairs since it is out of warranty. I too want to be included in a class action. I know that there are at least two cases asking people to join. When I find them, I will let you know.I know the people of Tom's probably already know the link. Keep you head up, this may take a while to be resolved. Just the other day, on the radio station that I was listening to, They report that Hp has one of lowest ratings in their product laptops, Acer was also one of the lowest rating. While one of the highest rating was, ASUS and Lenovo. But personally, if you got time or just want satisfaction, go for the class action. It just fries my bacon to see a company this large taking a stand like this knowing that it will cost them in the long run.
Take care!
rmo

Sugarland

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010

Please let me know if you know any action suit, I am having the same problem, bought a laptop, over heat and customer service said that out of warranty. Why do we pay for a laptop $600.00 and use it for only more than a year, and they want us pay for the extended warranty, if not then you lost the money for the junky lap top.

beansinaz

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
I could write here my troubles with my HP dv9700 series laptop, but everyone else has. I've spoken to a 'case manager' as well. I'm up for a class action suit as well!!!!! shelly2_2@hotmail.com
I have the dv9812us model. Word for word, the same problems. First my web cam disappeared. Their solutions didn't help. Made me feel as though it was my fault for not buying an extended warrenty. Seriously???

My laptop was purchased June of 2008. I have babied this thing. Never dropped it etc. I'm P O 'd!!!!

again shelly2_2@hotmail.com

lordfx2001

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
I am considering filing a class action lawsuit against HP for there faulty DV9000 class laptops. I have sent in my DV9743cl twice now for the SAME reasons and all they do is replace faulty parts with the SAME faulty parts. I am now sending the computer in for the third time with the SAME issues which plagued it the first two times and now the want to charge me 400.00 dollars for the repairs. HP has said that there are no known issues with my model.. Unfortunately HP seems to be ignorant of these issues even though all one has todo is simply google the topic to see that the the entire computer world acknowledges that these issues plague the DV series and are UBIQUITOUS. MY COMPUTER IS A FIRE HAZARD. I am interested in determining a rough estimate (or at least a round number that would get a class action STARTED) of people who have experienced something similar and would be interested themselves in potentially being involved in such a class action lawsuit. If the numbers are big enough, I will create a website dedicated to the pursuit of this venture. Please email hpclassactionlawsuit@yahoo.com .. Send an anonymous email with no return address (if you know how to do this) or from a spam account as I do not wish anyone to think I am compiling a list of active email accounts for anything. BE AS ANONYMOUS AS YOU WISH.

G

Hello, I have had the same problems and I have performed several surgeries on my laptop, same model as yours. However, I am using it now. I left my computer Idle for over a month.. Did not use it at all, I actually went and purchased a netbook because a computer is necessary for my life. Recently I decided to give my nicer bigger laptop one more chance. I again took it apart and put it all back together. I hit the start button and it would not start, like you said everything was working but the monitor. I took the battery out and unplugged the power supply and put it all back together. Held the start button for about 5 seconds until it lit up and then I held down the escape key. I still have to hold down the escape key to start it, but my laptop is again running just fine. However I have a broken hinge now that connects my monitor to the important stuff. I thought that I was the only one having these problems because I am very rough on computers but I am glad to know that it is not just me and HP has work to do.

Take Care and I hope I could help.

5-30-2010

G

i have a dv9743cl and it seems to overheat. i have found a few things to help with this:

1. on the bottom there are a few vents that have stickers on the inside of them that cover up the vents they are just behind the little covers you dont have to entirely take it apart.

2. if you buy a cage for the bottom of it and let it sit on it that helps a bunch.i use a tray that came from a three drawer filer that has little material and alot of air through
.http://www.etsy.com/listing/50324784/vintage-metal-filing-bin-paper-tray-wire (that is a very tall 1, the 1 i have only has about 3 horizontal wires, might topple over and that'd stink) so just enough to give it a few inches more space

3. a usb fan board and set it under for it.(~12$)

4. a usb keyboard helps to reach the keys.(~12$)

after i did these things it seems it flies! for only ~39$ that is much better then new boards or putes, assuming there hasn't been damage yet, or new boards that are going back again soon for fixing again

kind of weird that the skin on the outside of it is named the dragon coincidence i don't think so**

**even as a last resort instead of throwing it away you can take it apart and drill more air vents in it or just leave the shiny silver cover off

out of the last 8 games i purchased only 2 worked this site will help with that stuff.
www.systemrequirementslab.com then , can you run it

mrroddogg

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
i have a hp dv9700 laptop also with a no tpm or tpm missing error also.ive sent it in twice under warrenty and had it repaired now the warrenty is dead and they said theres nothing they can do.
mrroddogg@sbcglobal.net

julia613

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
I have a dv9700 series and it has been giving me problems. I have tried all of the solutions that HP suggested and they didn't work. I even called them and they couldn't help me. I have been having trouble with the video/ display driver, still they couldn't tell me what was wrong with it. I don't have the money to send it to them, and i would probably end up having the same problems again anyway, after reading what a lot of you have all said. I don't know if any of you have noticed , but the adapter that plugs into the wall is always really hot and I am always afraid that it is going to start something on fire. I have been sooooo frustrated with the problems I have been having with it, I took it over to our nieghbo(who works with computers and my warrenty has been up on it since about a year and a half ago) and he couldn't figure out what is goingon with it, the only thing that he can link it to with the problems, is the video driver. If you are indeed going to pursue a lawsuit , you can count me in. Tweets613@aol.com

drajax

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
I also have a dv9700 which was giving me overheating problems. That seemed to get better with a fan board. The fan was very noisy. Then today, the computer will not start. the leds light up, but the HDD is not engaged. At this point, I know that the warranty is out, and I can get a computer for less than $400, but this is rediculous ! Count me in as well. pizzadoc@gmail.com

Andrew_UK

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
I have set up a Facebook page to discuss this problem - lets see how many people have this problem?

HP are pretending that this problem doesnt exist - completely ignoring the issue here. I have called and discussed this with their customer services but they refuse to aknowledge the design fault.

Lets educate them - we have paid money for a laptop that should work for a reasonable period of time... 1 or even 2 years is not a reasonable period of time for a laptop to function... we expect a laptop to last at least 5 years if it is used as intended.

This is a clear design fault that HP must own up to and use some of that profit they made from the money we all paid to rectify the problem. Otherwise this is a complete scam!

Please like this page and share your experiences if youve had the same problem we are all discussing here:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/HP-Pavilion-Dv9700-GPU-Failure/247547825297377

jaynesaddiction

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013

I bought my HP Pav Ent. dv9000 in 2010, it wasnused a all for a year and a half. Same exact roblems first power adapter crappe out then Cd Dvd rom, then web cam disappeared. Those were the probs right after purhase. Last week TPM is missing or has problem and No Operaing sys found. It ecided to shut itself down and I havent been able power it on since. I too tried all the helpful suggestions and Nada one did anything. Just dead dead dead nor can I afford to buy another which didnt come cheap to begin with! $1,000.00 at Costco. Please I would love to be noified and added to Class Action suit. Please if anyone finds info e mail me jaynesaddiction1@yahoo.com
Thank You,
Screwed by Hewlet Packard in Lake Elizabeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS