Solved! hp envy setup frozen during first pin entry

Nov 26, 2018
DURING ITS FIRST STARTUP, MY BRAND NEW HP ENVY 17.3-INCH LAPTOP FROZE AT PIN INPUT STAGE AND I CANNOT CLEAR THE SCREEN. HOW DO I START OVER WITH THE SETUP PROCEDURE?

Solution
If it came with the Windows 10 1809 update pre-installed, you have to go where MS sends you. You can't open a User account - only a Microsoft account and you have to connect to the net before going any further.

I had one in my shop last week and I installed W10 from my ISO on a stick, formatting the HP system out of existence.

It's all part of Microsoft's determination to have as much of your personal data they can gather and sell on. Google has been doing it for years and when tey invented Chromebooks, MS realised they were losing out.
If it came with the Windows 10 1809 update pre-installed, you have to go where MS sends you. You can't open a User account - only a Microsoft account and you have to connect to the net before going any further.

I had one in my shop last week and I installed W10 from my ISO on a stick, formatting the HP system out of existence.

It's all part of Microsoft's determination to have as much of your personal data they can gather and sell on. Google has been doing it for years and when tey invented Chromebooks, MS realised they were losing out.

Solution