Question Looking for a laptop housing.

May 20, 2020
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows where i can find the bezel and bottom cover for my laptop ? or know if i can have the parts custom made ?

the bezel, back screen cover, bottom cover and side cover have all taken hits over the last few months and its starting to fall part

hardware and software wise, its running as well as i when i first bought so i dont want to spend money on a new laptop.

i own the laptop below

HP Envy
M/N 15-ae011na
P/N M2z41EA#BAU

Specs are

15 in.
1TB HDD
8GB RAM
NVidia GTX 960M

Thank you!

Saga Lout

Olde English
I put your information in the UK eBay site and found quite a lot of possibilities. You might find a dud laptop at a reasonable price.

It would have to be unaffected in the parts you need but your country's eBay site is worth a visit

Saga Lout

Olde English
You could always try to build a case from thin wood. You'd need to have the skills of drilling and chiselling to allow the connecting cables and could make it larger than the original to allow for an extra fan. I've built PCs into antique desks and cabinets and they're still running seven years down the road.

I can almost hear the laughing of my Moderate team colleague but it to be worth a shot.

Reactions: cesc4
May 20, 2020
You could always try to build a case from thin wood. You'd need to have the skills of drilling and chiselling to allow the connecting cables and could make it larger than the original to allow for an extra fan. I've built PCs into antique desks and cabinets and they're still running seven years down the road.

I can almost hear the laughing of my Moderate team colleague but it to be worth a shot.
i was considering this and it is not far fetched, but my wood carving skills are non-existent. so id have to spend a lot of time. but will have to go trough it i have no other choice

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Laptop Tech Support 0
E Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 0
warriorninja Laptop Tech Support 5
iant02 Laptop Tech Support 0
ShravanM Laptop Tech Support 10
vronti Laptop Tech Support 0
LeoLuca Laptop Tech Support 6
S Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 1