R0b3rt0

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
Hi, I have a HP G6 but the screen don't turn on the backlight if I put a flash on the screen I see the OS booting. I already replace the flex cable and stays the same, if I connect by VGA to external monitor don't show anything. If I disconnect the screen from motherboard and connect by VGA it shows everything in external monitor.
Could be the motherboard?

Sorry bad english

robert600

Distinguished
Yes, I agree with webworkings. The model number of the G6 would be most helpful. HP in their infinite wisdom has put that info on a sticker under the battery. So pop out the battery and have a look and post the info. Or .... knowing the your system's CPU might be enough to tell - in Win7 - computer...system properties.

R0b3rt0

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
Hi, thanks for the replies the model is G6-1232ea ,I go to a repair shop they connect another new screen and the backlight is on again! I replace in my house with another screen and don't turn again the backlight. the only thing different I use is the charger, sounds stupid but could be the problem come from the charger?

viejagloreae

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017

PROBABLY NOT THE BOARD NOR THE SCREEN, JUST THE LID SWITCH

I know the thread is months old but maybe my info is useful for people with the same problem in the future.
I had the same issue. I had a G6 which sometimes losed the image or show interferences. Seemed to be the cable from the motherboar to the back ot the lcd screen. I ordered a cheap one on ebay. Open the screen covers, changed the cable and powered the computer on with the bare lcd screen just in my hand. Worked perfectly. Then put back the lcd into the plastic covers, connected everything and closed all the covers back.
When the laptop were all finished, I switched it on and power leds where on but lcd show only see black screen...

I open the computer again, expecting to find the cable moved and ended up disconected but everything seemed to be normal. But at least I saw the screen was writing things but there was not backlight to see them.

I panic because the computer was needed in an hour or so.... I just had another old computer on my office. I opened it and the lcd happened to be compatible. Changed the lcd to the computer I needed to fix, but the result was the same. No backlight.

Googleing for "inverters" I find out there is not inverter, as its a led screen, and another clue: sometimes the magnetic switch to detect the closed lid doesn't work properly. I checked the switch (it's on the power button circuit boar).

I tried a magnet close to the switch to make it work. I don't exactly now how it worked but yes it worked!

Good luck