HP G62 Black Screen?

mnc221

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
I have a HP G62 which won't turn on the screen. I used it yesterday without any problems and today the screen doesn't turn on.

The laptop seems to turn on when power button is pressed but the HDD signal doesn't flash. Also I can't hear the windows start up sound and when I press the wifi button it doesn't change colour, same as Caps Lock (doesn't light up when pressed).

I tried to connect to my TV via HDMI but still no screen, I can't even enter bios.

Please help me as I really don't know what to do.

Thank You.

Try another hdd if you have one.how long have u been using ur laptop?i use to own one but the motherboard go bust for no apparent reason at all.

rrducharme

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013

I am not a great computer person but on my 3rd hp with black screen in 7 years I spoke to HP who told me it was the mother board about 3 to 4 hundred to repair being out of warranty i decided to take it apart so look for obvious problems but found none....

got it up and running by holding power button down on start up till screen started then released it right away.....after that i put it back to day one let it update and after service pack 3 crashed again when it went to sleep....re did this one more time but disabled up dates
and so far only close the lid for to let it go to sleep ....still up and running after a week .....so know i just up date what i need till i find out what is in the software download that could be causing this........if anyone knows let me know i know hp has no clue they said that it is impossible but here i am still on it.....btw its a hp g62 348ca little over 3 yrs old