Hp g7-1355dx laptop lock up

XanderTheGoober

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
I just got a laptop from a friend for nothing. he tells me the LCD is broke, the power adapter is shot and the hard drive is bad. the lcd is still good enough to see most of the screen, i put a hard drive in, and the power adapter still works. i installed windows 7 home premium 64bit and start to install the drivers, which i have gotten from the hp website. after a restart from either installing a driver or service pack. the computer hard locks at the "welcome" screen, no movement, can't move the mouse. nothing. Memtest passed with no errors. hd tune full scan came up with nothing bad about the hard drive.
i jumped the gun on ordering parts, new lcd on the way for it. this is hopefully going to be a present for my father for christmas, if i can get it working. any help would be appreciated.

XanderTheGoober

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
The card reader was causing the lock up. Upon the new windows 7 installation i disabled the card reader in the device manager and it is working flawlessly.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Laptop Tech Support 0
U Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 0
GabrielSilva Laptop Tech Support 2
suhaib.ajaz03 Laptop Tech Support 0
B Laptop Tech Support 0
bunnynutcracker Laptop Tech Support 1
WhoseverInk Laptop Tech Support 1
maverick251722 Laptop Tech Support 1