HP G7 Pavilion HDD to SSD Conversion

mastergunner14

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017
Guys I need your help. I have read multiple threads on here regarding this swap but nothing is working. I have a Samsung 850 SSD that I have cloned my laptop HDD. I pulled the HDD and replaced with SSD. I am getting the No Bootable Disk available issue. This should not be this hard but really need the forums help in solving this. Thanks.

Solution
Cloned Drive Checklist:
for Win 10/8/and 7

1.Finding a reliable disk clone software.
2.Make sure you have cloned the system reserved partition besides the system partition (C: drive).
3.Make sure you have set the clone hard drive as the first boot drive.
4.Make sure both of the source disk and the destination disk are the same MBR disk or GPT disk. If not, convert MBR to GPT disk or vise verse.
5.Make sure your computer support UEFI boot mode if the clone hard drive is GPT partitioned.
6.Check if your clone uses an MBR system partition. If this is true, you must enable CSM in your BIOS which allows you to boot from both UEFI and Legacy OPROM devices.
7.Put out to source disk and replace it with the cloned disk.

for my purposes, I...
Cloned Drive Checklist:
for Win 10/8/and 7

1.Finding a reliable disk clone software.
2.Make sure you have cloned the system reserved partition besides the system partition (C: drive).
3.Make sure you have set the clone hard drive as the first boot drive.
4.Make sure both of the source disk and the destination disk are the same MBR disk or GPT disk. If not, convert MBR to GPT disk or vise verse.
5.Make sure your computer support UEFI boot mode if the clone hard drive is GPT partitioned.
6.Check if your clone uses an MBR system partition. If this is true, you must enable CSM in your BIOS which allows you to boot from both UEFI and Legacy OPROM devices.
7.Put out to source disk and replace it with the cloned disk.

for my purposes, I have one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Spartan-Portable-Duplicator-Transfer-DM-HS0-3H2BS/dp/B016QO5GCA

works great every time.

but as long as you have good software and your settings are correct, there shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Solution

USAFRet

Illustrious

It won't boot, because you probably did the clone incorrectly

DO it again, but be sure to select ALL existing partitions on the original drive.