HP HDX 18t have better graphics in the works?

wario33

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
Does anyone know if the HP HDX 18t laptop has an upgrade in graphics cards in the works? I'd like to get a semi-affordable laptop for some gaming with a large screen and I like everything about this thing except for the 2 crappy GPU choices. Anyone know if there are plans to offer higher end gpu's for this otherwise nice laptop?

hwipark

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
i've been wondering the same thing. i like all the spec of hdx premium except GPU. i even sent email to hp asking if they are planning on upgrading it. I didn't really get any clear answer. i checked its gaming performance on youtube and it seems to be ok with COD 4 , crysis. i think it will be ok with most current high end games if you play on 720p setting. anyway i'm planning on getting hdx 16t once window 7 comes out.

frozenlead

Distinguished
Usually mainstream manufacturers stick to entry level and medium cards because they perform okay and they don't use too much power or make too much heat. That allows them to skimp a little on battery and cooling, and also ensures their users won't proclaim their notebooks as terribly hot with little battery life - the average user doesn't make concessions in their mind like "well duh it's going to have a short battery life, it's got an enthusiast card inside!"; they simply want a 13" notebook's battery life with the performance of an 18", and don't understand that it really can't be done.