HP Intros "World's First" Portable Multifunction Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

chewy1963

Honorable
May 9, 2012
Sweet deal! And the price isn't over the top either. */sarcasm* Why isn't HP following the Apple business plan like most of the other 'wonderful' corporations out there? */sarcasm*

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
"However consumers with Windows Mobile and BlackBerry-based gadgets can print directly to the device."
LOL Who uses those anymore? (particularly Windows Mobile) What about iphone, android, and windows phone 7?

nuvon

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
I don't know if I can still trust HP printer. The hardware might be ok, but the software/driver is terrible, especially the network version...

G

Still looks like a giant to me. We need a printer that's the thickness of a smartphone, and the length of two smartphones long already.

Actually, we need to stop printing, period. Go Paperless!

zippyzion

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
[citation][nom]chewy1963[/nom]Sweet deal! And the price isn't over the top either. */sarcasm* Why isn't HP following the Apple business plan like most of the other 'wonderful' corporations out there? */sarcasm*[/citation]
This is innovation. HP is trying something different and new. Last I checked that was what innovation was all about.
[citation][nom]livebriand[/nom]"However consumers with Windows Mobile and BlackBerry-based gadgets can print directly to the device."LOL Who uses those anymore? (particularly Windows Mobile) What about iphone, android, and windows phone 7?[/citation]
A lot of corporations use Windows Mobile still. A perfect example is hand held barcode scanners like UPS and FedEx use. Stop judging the usefulness of an item based on what you would use it for. This is obviously for highly mobile businesses that need these capabilities outside of an office.
[citation][nom]neuroncs[/nom]Still looks like a giant to me. We need a printer that's the thickness of a smartphone, and the length of two smartphones long already. Actually, we need to stop printing, period. Go Paperless![/citation]
Where would you store the ink or toner? Thermal might work but the paper required is not the current standard and would likely cost a lot. Also paperless still doesn't quite work. Paper is thin, light, and easy to work with. Which sounds better? Giving your boss the copy of the report on paper. It's easy simple and he doesn't need to have power to read it. Or the alternative which is to email it, transfer it over the network, or NFC it. None of which are as easy or quite as quick as good old paper.

G

Looking for a printer that does not require a driver to be installed on my computer, all those HP printer drivers have pre-compiled flash components on them that can not be updated by adobe!
I am tired of my virus software constently warning me about HP driver software.

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
it's not the WORLD FIRST. I've one that I bought 4 YEARS ago. I don't known how they let companies make such false claims. In my country they get heavily fined.

Also this printer shows nothing new. You can't scan like an ID card. You can only scan pages. kind of worthless.

Imo these devices are only needed if someone absolutely needs to print something while on the move. Otherwise scan and print later is a MUCH better option. And there's all kind of mobile printer devices.

The only new thing in this printer is the multicolor LCD screen.
Also it is extremely overpriced. 400$ is way too much, you can buy a 200$ brand new one that does the same.

G

Hopefully this will have better drivers then most of the MFP crap that HP has been putting out lately. Their OfficeJet line has had such awful driver support, that I can no longer recommend their products to my clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS