dualor

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
Hey guys, I recently bought this PDA off ebay, about a week ago to be precise. Spent £50 on it, so I'm hoping I might be able to get some help here.

The PDA is a HP ipaq hx4700. When it came to me, it had Windows Mobile 5 installed, and was working. Because I was looking to upgrade the CF card to 16GB. I was looking to find a way to allow the system to use all the RAM or most of it, instead of it using some of it.

On the web, people seem to mention a slider in the memory menue, which was absent on mine :( . I thought to myself that, refreshing windows 5 might just bring the slider back (if it existed on it in the first place) and fix any other kinks that may exist.

I popped in my windows mobile 5 upgrade disk from HP, and ran the program that flashed the ROM and upgraded or refreshed the OS on the PDA. For some strange and annoying reason the program stopped (proberly because an error in Win7) and left me with my PDA in this bootloader screen.

I've looked on the internet, and seen a few forums mentioning this, but because its 2011 and this device is coming to 8 years old, websites and hosting services have closed for some.

I have downloaded a HP bootloader program from a forum user, and have got the .nbf file from where the CD extracted it to. But this program seems to stop and give up, still leaving me with a £50 grey brick.

I have used a Win7 laptop and a Win XP netbook but niether seem to get close to trying to get this PDA to work.

Anybody have a clue on how I can reinstall the Windows Mobile 5 OS back on my ROM?

If I can nab any help from anyone, the cheers! ~ Matt :)

dualor

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
Whoops! Scratch that.

I was able to reinstall and flash the ROM by inserting the CD and connecting the PDA to an XP machine.