Dropped my laptop about a week ago but havent had any problems with it sense, i tried updating to windows 10 from windows 8.1 last night and this morning when i woke up my Hp Laptop Model (15-f039wm) had a completley black screen, the Led display is still shining but no text or images show. Any help i s appreciated thanks.
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Do a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and see if it will boot up normally.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in.
- If these will not work do try connecting an external monitor while the laptop is on and see if you'll get any display from it because if you do that means it's the built in display that has the problem.
- Do also try booting up the laptop without its battery and see if it will load normally.
- If all these will not work the problem lies in the motherboard.