Solved! HP Laptop Keybboard

May 19, 2019
Hi there,
So I have a HP laptop, I'm unsure of the exact model but I've had it for a few years. Recently I gave it to my mum to use and she's having trouble using the laptop because of the keyboard. I used it myself and some of the keys work fine but if I hit the 'e' key it comes out with 'er' the 'd' key comes out as 'df' and when i press the 'b' key it opens the how to get help webpage on internet explorer. I have tried uninstalling the keyboard in device manager but it restarts the computer but doesn't actually uninstall it. I have tried updating the computer with no luck.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Solution
How exactly are you trying to uninstall the driver? I am curious because you say it won't uninstall. Now if it is uninstalling, restarting the computer and reinstalling it, that is actually what it should do.

If it does actually uninstall and reinstall, then you may need to try connecting an external keyboard (while the laptop is turned off) and then turn it on. If the external one works fine, then you may well have a problem with the attached keyboard and it will need replacing. If the problem, however, happens on the external keyboard as well, then I would have the laptop looked at as the motherboard may be having issues.
How exactly are you trying to uninstall the driver? I am curious because you say it won't uninstall. Now if it is uninstalling, restarting the computer and reinstalling it, that is actually what it should do.

If it does actually uninstall and reinstall, then you may need to try connecting an external keyboard (while the laptop is turned off) and then turn it on. If the external one works fine, then you may well have a problem with the attached keyboard and it will need replacing. If the problem, however, happens on the external keyboard as well, then I would have the laptop looked at as the motherboard may be having issues.

Solution