Hp laptop keyboard not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stijn_14

Prominent
Sep 7, 2017
hi,

i just bought a HP Power Pavilion 15-cb091nd. i've used it for just under 2 day and my keyboard already stopped working. it happened with the another model too. i returned it because i thought i was just unlucky and due to the fact that this laptop has only been released for a couple of days in my country it could have some issues. now, as i already told, it happened again and wonder if there is a solution out there to fix it.

further info: the laptop was in sleeping mode for 1 night. i did not drop it or anything like that. it's running windows 10.

i would be very happy with the help that i can get :)

Thanks,
Stijn

Solution
Try this...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

If this doesn't help, then I would return it again.
Try this...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

If this doesn't help, then I would return it again.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.