HP Laptop not working after replacing dead motherboard

assassinslo

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
I have this laptop HP Pavilion m6-1060sm and hot tea was spilled on it, so it was dead. When I pressed power button nothing happened in any case - dead. So I ordered new motherboard with the same HP Spare number (687229-001). I just replaced it and tested if it works. And here is what happened: I connected laptop on AC power (doesn't work only with battery, because it is probably dead), then I pressed power button and led power light turned on, fan started working for 5 seconds, it looks like laptop will boot, but then fan stops working, screen is black all the time, CAPS lock led is blinking in 3 seconds time interval more than 10 times, then I stopped counting and F12 wifi button orange led is glowing. I tried this with and without RAM module. I don't know what to do now, please help.

assassinslo

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013

But where should I start, keyboard seems fine, HDD is OK, RAM is OK too, should I replace the CPU ?

Mozka

Prominent
May 26, 2017
Hello,
Don't know if you solved this situation but, this seems to be a problem of BIOS. Try to update your BIOS and it'll probably solve this. Look in HP support how to do it.