Status
Not open for further replies.

jameshardenshou

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
Hi, my HP 15-ba009dx does not charge when the computer is on.

This is not an issue with the battery / AC adapter because I've tried using replacements. All my drivers are updated, I've tried uninstalling the ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery driver, and I've completely reset my laptop twice. My laptop will stay on at 0% remaining indefinitely, but as soon as the charger is disconnected it turns off.

The only thing I have not tried is to update the BIOS, but this is only because the laptop does not recognize the AC adaptor thus not allowing me to flash the BIOS - but I seriously doubt this is the problem because it used to work fine.

If it will charge when turned off (not sleep or hibernate) but won't charge when turned on, then your charger cord is the most likely issue.

When they start to go bad they can have the problem of being unable to put out enough power to both run the device and charge the battery at the same time. If this is the problem then the only resolution would be to replace the charger.

jameshardenshou

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018

Like I said above, I've tried using a replacement charger cord (AC Adapter) still no luck. My buddy has the exact model, so I tried using his charger cord and battery. Still the same issue. I also checked the ports for any physical damage, no luck. I honestly think it's software related. Also the laptop is fairly new (1year old).

Status
Not open for further replies.