jayn1321

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2007
I have had my Hp Compaq Nw8240 for a few years now and I am encountering a boot up problem. I had it running last night playing some music...I ended up closing it and unplugging it to move it to another room. When I plugged it back in, I noticed that it had come up with the blue error message screen about low system memory. After this message was displayed, I attempted to restart.

Now when I try to turn it on, it goes from the Hp loading screen to the screen that says that an error had occurred and gives me boot up options such as Safe mode, etc. I have tried selecting every option, but every one ends up going to the Windows XP loading screen and then restarting to bring up the Hp loading screen then to the error screen with boot up options. Its stuck in a loop and I have no clue how to get out of it besides turning it off. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
-Jay

cfvh600

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
Perhaps some files got corrupted when you shut it down to move it to the other room. You can try to repair windows using the install disc.

TRENDING THREADS