Question HP Laptop shut's down after new ssd and more

Jan 24, 2022
Hello i have a HP laptop with Intel Core i3-5010u No Dedicated GPU 8GB Ram DDR3 and recently got a New SSD PNY CS900 240 and my 2ndary HDD 1TB.
After installing the new SSD my laptop booted windows 10 everything installed and Today when there was no Charger connected my laptop shutdown on me 2 times on the 3rd time it did not. also i did not face these random shutdowns while it was on charging. also my laptop did not overheat everything was good. i did everything but still could not find the main problem. the thing is the laptop do this when it was off for like 1-2 hours or more then once the laptop started it do not shuts down.
none of these type of thing happened when i was on HDD also i have test the ssd on other devices and things were good.

You didn;t say if it shut down while you were actively using it (typing or browsing) or just watching video or listening to music. If it was the latter, check the power settings (they are a little hard to find all of them) and make sure something is not timing out. If it's the former case, look at the error logs to see if anything is logged right before the shutdown.

Jan 24, 2022
You didn;t say if it shut down while you were actively using it (typing or browsing) or just watching video or listening to music. If it was the latter, check the power settings (they are a little hard to find all of them) and make sure something is not timing out. If it's the former case, look at the error logs to see if anything is logged right before the shutdown.
Sorry, no it did not shutdown while browsing or something like that but on one occasion when the windows started it did shutdown

how do i check the logs?
and the power settings did you mean the motherboard.

Edit: Can i this problem related with battery or sata port ? but the thing is i did not get any blue screen or any type of error message it just goes off like if you pull the battery out .

For event logs, open the event viewer by typing event in the windows search box. Do this from an account with admin privileges. Look at the Critical and Error events that happen at the time of shutdown. Proably won't find anything, but it is worth looking. There will be many log entries and most can be ignored. However, if the shutdown was improper, the will be a event entry saying the following startup followed aHW error or power loss. The internet is your friend for learning how to use the event viewer. It's not simple.

For power settings, go to the settings window and type power in search. When the power and sleep window opens, mess around. Also look at the "additional settings". You will need to review help on the internet to understand all these.

Jan 24, 2022
For event logs, open the event viewer by typing event in the windows search box. Do this from an account with admin privileges. Look at the Critical and Error events that happen at the time of shutdown. Proably won't find anything, but it is worth looking. There will be many log entries and most can be ignored. However, if the shutdown was improper, the will be a event entry saying the following startup followed aHW error or power loss. The internet is your friend for learning how to use the event viewer. It's not simple.

For power settings, go to the settings window and type power in search. When the power and sleep window opens, mess around. Also look at the "additional settings". You will need to review help on the internet to understand all these.
it Happen again and the event viewer was not really helpful. this time my charger was also connected.

a question i had to ask can you use your laptop continuously for 2 days ? with the battery detached ?