HP Laptop w/ AMD R5 (int.) and R7 M440 (dedicated) GPUS: How do you switch between these cards?

ArReKa

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017
Recently I bought a new HP Laptop, a Pavilion. I am unsure of the model but here are the specifications:
8gb RAM
256gb SSD
AMD A9-9410 CPU
(Integrated) AMD R5
(Dedicated) AMD R7 M440
I am trying to switch to the R7, but the system has defaulted to the integrated card, and I'm not sure how to actually 'activate' the R7. I have already tried going into the BIOS but there is no option to switch between dynamic and fixed. Infact, there are no options in realtion to the GPU on the BIOS at all. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
Laptop using other graphics card and not the AMD one.

First you need to get it to detect and use the right card.

A. Uninstall, and then reinstall, the latest graphics card driver.
B. Make sure that your AMD graphics card is set as the default graphics card.

Here's the steps on how to set it to default.

1. Open the "Control Center".
2. Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
3. Click on the "Program Settings" tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.
4. Now select "preferred graphics processor" in the drop down list. (You can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting) If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance AMD processor.

Once it...
Laptop using other graphics card and not the AMD one.

First you need to get it to detect and use the right card.

A. Uninstall, and then reinstall, the latest graphics card driver.
B. Make sure that your AMD graphics card is set as the default graphics card.

Here's the steps on how to set it to default.

1. Open the "Control Center".
2. Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
3. Click on the "Program Settings" tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.
4. Now select "preferred graphics processor" in the drop down list. (You can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting) If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance AMD processor.

Once it is running on the right one, test the system again and see if the problem persists.

For ATI/AMD graphics cards the process varies.

You may need to open graphics then PowerPlay and set plugged in and/or battery to maximize performance.

You can also try going to graphics then 3D and move the slider to performance. Your computer may also have a switchable graphics tab where you can change the settings for individual programs.

Solution