Solved! Hp laptop wont charge to 100% after dropping on floor

Jan 15, 2019
Hi, I own a HP 15 , Model ID: 14s-cf0041TX.
I dropped it on the floor yesterday and it landed on its bottom/base.

Ever since then Windows has been reporting that my battery has been charged to 99% but never 100%, any solutions to this?

Btw I cant remove my battery as it is embedded in the motherboard itself .

Solution
You may be right but you may not be. Regardless if hardware like that is damaged you should be taking it in to be checked. Either way with broken bits you could have shorts happening and tons of other very harmful/dangerous things that you won't know about unless you take it in. To me it sounds like you want someone to say it will all be ok or the load this software patch and all is well. Just not how it works sorry. I stand by the fact you need to take this in. That or risk damaging your PC, possibly yourself or others should it catch fire or even explode. Better to take in in and be nothing then do nothing a have your laptop die or worse. This is the advice I would give to friends or a family member. Take that for what it is worth.
Jan 15, 2019
Something to note: whenever I shake my laptop after dropping it makes a sound not unlike plastic pellets being shaked in a bottle. Did anything went loose frtom the motherboard or was anything broken?

atomicWAR

Distinguished
Herald
Sep 4, 2007
If you hear something now you didn't before, clearly something broke loose. Now as for a fix..that is tough. We would need to know what broke off, and if it affected system power. Likely you just broke some plastic hold downs and damaged your battery a hair. If your laptop is still under warranty I urge you to replace it. If not it may be time to take it to a tech in case what ever you broke creates a fire hazard and needs fixing. i don't see it being a software issue considering the physical impact you describe.

Jan 15, 2019

Do you think the laptop will explode or something of such?

Jan 15, 2019
To be honest, I dont think there's anything wrong with the battery, but rather with the hardware that senses the battery's power . Do you have any ideas as to what that might be?

atomicWAR

Distinguished
Herald
Sep 4, 2007
You may be right but you may not be. Regardless if hardware like that is damaged you should be taking it in to be checked. Either way with broken bits you could have shorts happening and tons of other very harmful/dangerous things that you won't know about unless you take it in. To me it sounds like you want someone to say it will all be ok or the load this software patch and all is well. Just not how it works sorry. I stand by the fact you need to take this in. That or risk damaging your PC, possibly yourself or others should it catch fire or even explode. Better to take in in and be nothing then do nothing a have your laptop die or worse. This is the advice I would give to friends or a family member. Take that for what it is worth.

Solution