HP Launches Pre-paid 3G Service for Notebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
Let me pay $30 for 1 gig over a year, and I'd do it. To have to use it up in 30 days makes it worthless. I just want it thete if I need it for something while I'm out, not to use regularly.

Unless you spend a lot of time waiting in lines at airports, or sitting on long bus / train rides, or you need it for business reasons, I don't understand how people justify their $70 a month phone bills just so they can watch youtube in their car at a stoplight. If I leave the house I generally have a place to go and something to do there, so unless there is substantial downtime along the way, I don't have time to play with a phone anyway.

custodian-1

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010
[citation][nom]Thunderfox[/nom]Let me pay $30 for 1 gig over a year, and I'd do it. To have to use it up in 30 days makes it worthless. I just want it thete if I need it for something while I'm out, not to use regularly. Unless you spend a lot of time waiting in lines at airports, or sitting on long bus / train rides, or you need it for business reasons, I don't understand how people justify their $70 a month phone bills just so they can watch youtube in their car at a stoplight. If I leave the house I generally have a place to go and something to do there, so unless there is substantial downtime along the way, I don't have time to play with a phone anyway.[/citation]

+1

mchuf

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
$30 for 1 gig in a 30 day period? Does that plan come with a tube of K-Y? Honestly, $15 or $20 at the most.

I do agree with Thunderfox though about people and their wireless plans. A friend of mine regularly spends $250 - $300 a month on his iPhone plan with Verizon. Sure he uses it for work because he is on the road most of the day and his company splits the cost with him. But I always catch him doing stuff with it (Facebook, MLB.com, etc.) while he and his gf are out. He really is addicted to his social media.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]Thunderfox[/nom]Let me pay $30 for 1 gig over a year, and I'd do it. To have to use it up in 30 days makes it worthless. I just want it thete if I need it for something while I'm out, not to use regularly. Unless you spend a lot of time waiting in lines at airports, or sitting on long bus / train rides, or you need it for business reasons, I don't understand how people justify their $70 a month phone bills just so they can watch youtube in their car at a stoplight. If I leave the house I generally have a place to go and something to do there, so unless there is substantial downtime along the way, I don't have time to play with a phone anyway.[/citation]
+2

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Pretty sure tethering with my Android phone (whether or not the carrier likes it) is free and gets me unlimited data for $30/month........and that is already paid for, paying for multiple data plans is just stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.