HP Mini will not start takes me to safe mode startup they give me a blue screen saying to uninstall software or hardware and w

ray311979

Commendable
May 15, 2016
HP Mini won't start it gets stuck on a blue screen saying to install or uninstall software or hardware and will not go any further trust me to press f8

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still not work, do try loading it again in Safe Mode.
- While the laptop is booting up, repeatedly press on F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options then select Safe Mode.
- If it will still load in Safe Mode, do run System Restore and bring it back to an earlier date or time before the problem even happened.
- Here's how to run System Restore: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-PH/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc
- But if System Restore will still not work, last option would be to reinstall Windows itself.

slime_frog__4

Commendable
May 16, 2016
buy a windows os disk or flash drive, then reinstall it without losing your data
put the os on the same partition as the old one, and then you will save your data

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 15
S Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1