• Check out all the best Amazon Prime Day deals 2021 here!

Solved! HP Notebook QWER UIOP Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2020
I was programming and coincidentally using an external keyboard when later I realized my internal keyboard's qwer & uiop don't work. There are a few more keys like right shift but the first 8 are the main ones. Please tell me how I can fix this and diagnose this without replacing the keyboard. It seems the keyboard is non-replaceable.
In the bios I had checked and saw that that on clicking the affected key there was no beep.
My laptop's battery is removable but I hadn't tried power reset with it removed.
By the way I had not moved in any way, and the time I realized the fault I was deleting a GB file. Had the hard drive's heat done anything? This is a multi-year aged laptop.
Thanks!

Note : Removing the drivers and restarting didn't help.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

Titan
Does it never work even in the BIOS or an alternate boot like a Linux Live USB? I don't think I ran into a laptop with a keyboard you could not replace yet, some just take some work like having to remove the motherboard.

hang-the-9

Titan
Does it never work even in the BIOS or an alternate boot like a Linux Live USB? I don't think I ran into a laptop with a keyboard you could not replace yet, some just take some work like having to remove the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LeoLuca Laptop Tech Support 4
K Laptop Tech Support 1
miluti Laptop Tech Support 3
newblackhat Laptop Tech Support 5
J Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 3