Solved! Hp notebook will not recognize mouse

cometdog

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
my hp stopped recognizing my mouse--mouse is working on other computers but suddenly not on my hp laptop. tried reboot, removing battery and shutting down, etc. to no effect. this also happened on my spouse's hp laptop (identical model)

Solution
If it happened on two identical laptops, then it is probably a software/firmware issue. This often occurrs when drivers get automatically updated. It should be a simple matter of finding the drivers for your mouse and reinstalling them.

Failing that, double check your [Keyboards and Mice] under [Input Devices] in the [Control Panel] and make sure your mouse is selected and not the built-in touch pad.

I am assuming this is a USB mouse, though the trouble-shooting process for Bluetooth mice is not too much more complicated.

-Klosteral

Klosteral

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
If it happened on two identical laptops, then it is probably a software/firmware issue. This often occurrs when drivers get automatically updated. It should be a simple matter of finding the drivers for your mouse and reinstalling them.

Failing that, double check your [Keyboards and Mice] under [Input Devices] in the [Control Panel] and make sure your mouse is selected and not the built-in touch pad.

I am assuming this is a USB mouse, though the trouble-shooting process for Bluetooth mice is not too much more complicated.

-Klosteral

Solution