HP Offering TouchPad Owners Free Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmmil978

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
How about a Touchpad to go with the Touchpad I ordered? I was charged for the device and still not gotten a confirmation email, this being bought directly from the HP site. Customer service has a 1 hour wait time for the phone, and the email customer service option is completely crashed. Probably shouldn't offer these kinda deals if you can't handle the traffic it generates. I can wait, but I feel sorry for whoever works in their customer service centers right now.

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
The HP tab was dieing, so how would one make it compete with the others? Answer, sell it dirt cheap, make everyone own one then say its getting retired. Come back a week or month later re-instate the thing now everyone owns one and knows about it because the market is saturated. This could work.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Wish I Was Wealthy[/nom]It's good that this economic downturn is still around,because HP still has to try a little bit harder,time after time to get new customers.[/citation]

HP always finds a way for consumers to buy cheap low quality products

G

Looks to be already dead. Trying any of the codes now says "this promo code has reached it's limit and is no longer valid." So apparently there wasn't just a time limit on the codes.

tomaz99

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
[citation][nom]rmmil978[/nom]How about a Touchpad to go with the Touchpad I ordered? I was charged for the device and still not gotten a confirmation email, this being bought directly from the HP site. Customer service has a 1 hour wait time for the phone, and the email customer service option is completely crashed. Probably shouldn't offer these kinda deals if you can't handle the traffic it generates. I can wait, but I feel sorry for whoever works in their customer service centers right now.[/citation]

Yup...me too. Still waiting...heard nothing. Other than my CC being charged.

CPU666d1

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
I gotta say though that I have bought several of their products. A personal PC for home use,this did not even last its warranty year and a business el cheapo that did last longer then the 3 year warranty,but gave me lots of headaches and their telephone help was real hopeless. Also I have had 3 HP printers. One I still use now,the other two gave me a lot of problems,but I got them all cheap. Also I had a real el cheapo canon printer that was okay,but it did not last for long either,after a while the printer heads got clogged up with dry ink.

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]wouldn't matter to me. if i was able to get one i would still put the droid on it[/citation]
So you are just going to set a PHONE on the tablet rather than attempt to put the ANdroid OS on there?!?

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I love my new tablet. Got it from Best Buy website the Sunday morning after it all went happened for $127 with overnight shipping. WebOS is pretty dang nice. This was my first time to use it and I am a die-hard Android fan. If there were more Apps in the Catalog I'd like it more, but the interface is what makes it such a great Tab.

G

promo codes are already dead, says they reached there limit days before they are said to expire

masseybe84

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
[citation][nom]rmmil978[/nom]How about a Touchpad to go with the Touchpad I ordered? I was charged for the device and still not gotten a confirmation email, this being bought directly from the HP site. Customer service has a 1 hour wait time for the phone, and the email customer service option is completely crashed. Probably shouldn't offer these kinda deals if you can't handle the traffic it generates. I can wait, but I feel sorry for whoever works in their customer service centers right now.[/citation]
Tell me about it. I'm in the same boat. I guess no free apps for me.

G

Meh. Nothing interesting here. Maybe the Sept batch will be better.
I picked up two tablets from BestBuy this past Friday. The interface is really slick and it does most of what I need (Web, Email...etc). The lack of many quality apps is disappointing, but for $99 I can't really complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.