HP Omen 2017 GTX 1060 very low FPS

jacques_

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm new to this website but since I feel hopeless I thought that I might as well try to find help here. Recently I bought the 2017 HP Omen with the i7-7700HQ, GTX 1060 6GB (Max-Q which is underclocked compared to a normal GTX 1060 but only by about 10%), 16gb RAM and I have a 2 TB + 256 GB SSD setup. I first tried playing PUBG and noticed that it wouldn't go above 30 FPS. I thought that since it is a game under development it might not be optimized very well so I thought about trying Overwatch, which I used to play with my old pc with an i5 4670 and GTX 770 on Epic settings at 70 FPS. My screen is a 120Hz option. On overwatch I don't have a fps limiter, I don't have VSync on or Triple Buffering and I even tried disabling the blizzard app as soon as Overwatch launches. It doesn't matter as I can't get over 30 FPS even if I drop it to Low settings. This is really frustrating as I bought this expensive laptop thinking that I could play most games at high-max settings but I can't even run them at the lowest settings. I have the latest Nvidia driver, my temps are not high at all so I know it's not thermal throttling. Please help me!

Solution
I had the same problem, and i solve it by entering the nvidia aplication (GeForce experience), then you look at the side bar and click on games, then you will see something saying battery boost and turn that off

rodasgam

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017
I had the same problem, and i solve it by entering the nvidia aplication (GeForce experience), then you look at the side bar and click on games, then you will see something saying battery boost and turn that off

Solution